AmEx Premier Rewards Gold Card 25k Signup Bonus

Editor’s Note: Thank you for your interest, this offer expired and is no longer available.

It’s back! American Express offered a 25k point signup bonus in the past, but not for a while. I recently received word, however, that they’ve revised this promo with a spend requirement, offering a 25,000 Membership Rewards® point Welcome Bonus for the American Express® Premier Rewards Gold Card. New Cardmembers must enroll in Membership Rewards® Program to start earning points. There is a introductory annual fee of $0 for the first year, then $175.

In case you’re not aware, Membership Rewards points are quite flexible, and can be cashed in for flights, or the 25k points can be converted into store gift cards at a variety of stores (Home Depot being my favorite).

NOTE: Offers change frequently; please be sure to check the offer website to ensure that all details and information are correct.

American Express Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.

Published on April 21st, 2010 - 8 Comments
Filed under: Credit Cards

1. Last year AMEX was paying $300 for people to close accounts — now they are paying them to open accounts.

Here’s a business idea: don’t pay your customers to go somewhere else, then you wouldn’t have to pay to get them back.

Comment by Anonymous — Apr 21st 2010 @ 1:31 pm
  2. It’s Back? It’s BEEN back for a while. My husband and I have both been getting this offer every other week in the mail for the past 4 months!

Comment by Anonymous — Apr 21st 2010 @ 3:20 pm
  3. Costco’s Amex is a much better deal. Completely free with Costco membership and they pay you cash money at the end of the year based on how much you spent on the card. No need to worry about $175 annual fees, (who pays that???), and no need to worry about what to do with “points”.

I received over $1,300 cash this year. Woot!

Comment by Anonymous — Apr 22nd 2010 @ 10:13 am
  4. This deal looks awesome. I’m going to sign up for myself and my wife and cancel the cards after we get our gift cards. An easy $500 is hard to pass up on.

Comment by Anonymous — Apr 22nd 2010 @ 1:01 pm
  5. Hmm.. well scratch that. The web page has changed since this morning. Guess that I missed the boat. Now its only 10k bonus points for first purchase.

Comment by Anonymous — Apr 22nd 2010 @ 1:08 pm
  6. Chris: The deal should still be alive. Try clearing cookies, using a different browser, or activating “private” browsing and click through again. Please leave another comment letting us know if any of the above solve the problem.

Comment by Nickel — Apr 22nd 2010 @ 1:36 pm
  7. Nickel,

I cleared cookies and I successfully returned to the offer. Thanks!

Comment by Anonymous — Apr 22nd 2010 @ 2:07 pm
  8. Nickel,

I would just like to thank you for your diligence in finding and posting great deals like this. My points got cleared immediately after clearing $1,000 on the cards and I have $250 in gift cards and another $250 in the mail. Now all I have to do is close is close the accounts in a couple months to avoid the annual fee.

Thanks Again!