This week we’re taking a look at card offers for those with excellent credit. The better your credit is, the more likely it is that you are going to be able to qualify for cards that offer you terrific perks, rewards, terms and conditions. Your excellent credit tells the credit card companies that they can count on you to make on-time payments and to use your credit wisely–so they tend to offer you the best credit card deals available.
The purpose of this weekly Saturday series is to highlight the best credit cards in different categories so that you can find the card that has the features that are right for you. If these excellent-credit credit cards aren’t right for you, then you might want to check out some of the other posts in our series, which include the top free rewards offers, the best cash back credit cards, and the best low interest credit cards.
Chase Freedom® Visa is rewards credit card that lets you use your excellent credit to earn unlimited cash back. You can earn $100 Bonus Cash Back after you make $500 in purchases in your first 3 months. This credit card gives you unlimited 1% cash back on all general purchases. It also gives you 5% cash back in rotating bonus categories which change every quarter, subject to enrollment and maximum. And you can earn up to 10% cash back when using the credit card to purchase items through the Chase online shopping tool. Cash back can be redeemed in the form of a check or a statement rebate, and you can start cashing in when you’ve earned as little as $20. This credit card comes with the Chase Blueprint program, which allows you to choose flexible repayment plans for various purchases made on the card. There is no annual fee for this credit card.
Chase Sapphire Preferred® is a points-based rewards card that allows you to earn rewards for purchases. More than that, though, you actually earn rewards on your rewards. With this card, you can get an annual 7% points dividend based on the total number of new points that you earned on purchases for the year (including points you’ve already redeemed). This means that you get additional points just for earning points. And the points themselves add up quickly to nice rewards that include airline travel, hotel stays, transfers to your frequent flyer programs, or even statement credits. Get 20% off airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises when booking travel through the Chase travel booking tool, Ultimate Rewards℠. People with excellent credit who qualify for the Chase Sapphire Preferred card are able to earn 40,000 bonus points after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months – that’s worth $500 toward travel rewards booked through Ultimate Rewards. This card comes with Chase Blueprint so you can have flexible repayment options for your purchases. There is an introductory annual fee of $0 for the first year, after that the annual fee will be $95.
Other top choices for excellent-credit credit cards:
- Slate from Chase. This no-annual-fee credit card doesn’t offer a rewards program, but it does offer 0% intro APR for 15 months on balance transfers and purchases with excellent and good credit. And, for a limited time no balance transfer fee on transfers made within 60 days of account opening.
- Chase Sapphire. This no-annual-fee credit card earns you one point for every dollar and double points on dining–plus you get 10,000 bonus points after you spend $500 in the first 3 months – that’s $100 toward travel or any other reward.
- Iberiabank Visa Classic. This no-annual-fee card offers a low 1.99% intro balance transfer APR for 6 months on any balance transfers made within the first three months and then offers a low ongoing variable Annual Percentage Rate starting at 7.25%, 10.25% or 13.25%, for people with excellent credit.
- Iberiabank Visa Gold. This cash back credit card gives you 1% cash back on all purchases with no expiration dates, earning limits, or annual fee and offers a low 1.99% intro balance transfer APR for 6 months on balance transfers made within the first three months.
- Iberiabank Visa Platinum. Earn one point for every dollar spent with this no-annual-fee credit card that offers a low ongoing interest rate and additional perks and protections.
- Iberiabank Visa Select. This credit card offers you an ongoing low variable Annual Percentage Rate (APR) starting at 7.5%, 9.5%, or 11.5%, based on your creditworthiness on purchases. A 3% balance transfer fee, a 1.99% or 7.50% introductory balance transfer APR based on creditworthiness, for twelve billing periods from the date of the balance transfer check on balance transfers made within the first three months.* APR for cash advances is a low 12.75%, 14.75% or 16.75% variable, based on your creditworthiness. This Annual Percentage Rate will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate. This is one of the lowest ongoing cash advance APRs in the market.
- Simmons Bank Platinum Visa. This no-annual-fee credit card has an ongoing low interest rate of 7.25% variable on purchases which is one of the lowest market interest rates excluding introductory rates. In addition the card currently has no-fee balance transfers.
- Simmons First Visa Platinum Travel Rewards. This travel rewards credit card earns you one point for every dollar spent which can be redeemed for travel with no blackout dates or restrictions. It also has a low ongoing interest rate of 9.25% variable for purchases and no annual fee.
Note: Offers change frequently; please be sure to check the offer website to ensure that all details and information are correct.
Disclaimer: Discover is a paid advertiser of this site.
Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. See the Discover online credit card application for full terms and conditions on offers and rewards.
Leave a Reply