Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
This is just a quick reminder that second quarter income tax payments are due today. I almost forgot about this myself, but remembered at the last minute and have just written the state and federal checks.
If you’re wondering what this is all about, estimated tax payments most commonly apply to the self-employed and/or those with significant investment earnings. In short, if you have a decent amount of income that isn’t subject to income tax withholding, then you might get hit with an underpayment penalty at the end of the year unless you make quarterly estimated payments.
You can also trigger an underpayment penalty by paying your estimated taxes late, though in most cases this will end up being a very small amount. In fact, if you only miss by a day or two, the IRS probably won’t even notice.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)