Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
In case you haven’t heard, the House of Representatives voted yesterday to extend the homebuyer tax credit by three months, but only in a limited fashion.
More specifically, they’re looking to extend the deadline for closing on your new home if you went under contract before the April 30th deadline. If, on the other hand, you’re currently shopping for a new home, this measure won’t help.
Apparently the fate of 200,000 prospective homebuyers hangs in the balance, as they got under contract in time but are struggling to close by the June 30th (today!) deadline. The Senate, who tried to pass something last week as part of a failed job creation bill, has since been pushing their own legislation.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (228)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)