Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Did you make any New Year’s resolutions this year? If so, how are they working out for you? I ask because today marks the beginning of the second half of 2010, and the vast majority of people have long since broken their resolutions.
To be honest, I’ve never been a big fan of New Year’s resolutions. Since they’re often overly-ambitious and ill-defined, most resolutions are doomed from the start. At the same time, New Year’s resolutions also offer a convenient excuse for deferring action until later.
After all, the year is already halfway done. Why change now when you can just wait until 2011 and make a clean start? Right? Wrong.
Today I’m issuing you a challenge. Whether you want to get out of credit card debt, pay off your mortgage early, start saving for retirement, lose ten pounds, start running, etc… Set aside your excuses and take a concrete step toward satisfying at least one of your goals this week.
Simple steps include listing your debts and prioritizing which you want to pay off first, setting up an additional auto-payment toward your mortgage, surfing over to Vanguard or Fidelity to fill out an account application, skipping that second helping at dinner, or completing the first (and very easy) workout in the Couch-to-5k running program.
Whatever it is that you want to achieve, it won’t happen unless you take that first step. Enough excuses. Just make it happen.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)