Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
In case you haven’t been paying attention… Freddie Mac says that mortgage rates have declined to a record low of 4.57% on a 30-year fixed rate loan.
Interestingly, even with these historically low rates, there hasn’t been much action. Home values are down and many homeowners are upside down, and thus unable to refinance. Others can’t qualify given the higher underwriting standards. Still others have already refinanced in the past few months and doing so again doesn’t make financial sense.
What about you? Have you recently refinanced? If not, are you thinking about doing it now? If we hadn’t paid off our mortgage, I’d be thinking very seriously about refinancing. As things stand, however, I’m not interested in re-mortgaging even at these rates.
Source: Associated Press
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)