Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
As a followup to this morning’s post on the future of Social Security, I wanted to update you guys on the Social Security cap for 2010.
As you may or may not be aware, Social Security taxes are capped such that you only have to pay this tax (denoted FICA-OASDI on your paycheck) on your earned income up to a certain threshold.
This means that you’ll have to pay Social Security taxes on your first $106,800 in earned income. Beyond that, your Social Security obligation will drop away, and you’ll only have to pay the Medicare portion of your FICA taxes.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (286)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (236)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)