Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
This is just a quick update on my Lending Club performance. During the month of July, I experienced my second charge off, dropping my net annualized return into the 9.5% range.
I actually knew this one was coming because the borrower in question never made a single payment. Nice, huh? This is one of the reasons that I’ve been attracted to buying notes on the secondary market. While I still can’t be sure that borrowers will live up to their obligations, I can at least weed out the total deadbeats.
Going forward, I’m thinking of pausing my new contributions. I’ve now built up a reasonably large portfolio, and will likely focus on reinvesting the proceeds as opposed to adding new money.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (228)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)