Open Thread: Best Android Apps for Money and Finance

Open Thread: Best Android Apps for Money and FinanceShortly after publishing this morning’s article on the best money and finance apps for your iPhone, a couple of readers e-mailed asking for a similar list of apps for Android-based phones.

Unfortunately, I can’t provide a lot of guidance here because I use an iPhone. I do, however, know that many FCN readers use Android phones, so I thought I’d create an open thread where people can share app recommendations.

If you’re an Android user and have any recommendations for good/useful apps that are at least tangentially related to money or finance, please leave a comment.

If you’d just like to browse around and see what’s out there, hop on over to Android Marketplace. If you click on the “Top Free” or “Top Paid” tabs, you’ll be presented with a list of categories so you can narrow in on “Finance” apps very easily.

Published on August 18th, 2010 - 7 Comments
Filed under: Miscellany

1. Free:

MINT
    Allpoint (surcharge free ATM locator)

Comment by Anonymous — Aug 18th 2010 @ 12:53 pm
  2. I actively use Financisto. It’s free. It’s a checking book ledger.

I have Mint as well, but I don’t really use their services, because my credit union doesn’t link to Mint.

Comment by Anonymous — Aug 18th 2010 @ 2:04 pm
  3. I like mooLa! (Free edition). There is no personal information shared, you can have multiple accounts, recurring transactions, etc… I would like better it if it had a transfer between accounts feature, but it’s quite worth downloading.

Comment by Anonymous — Aug 18th 2010 @ 2:20 pm
  4. Not directly finance related, but Craigsnotifica.
    you can set up searches for whatever you’re looking for, and it allow it to auto update and notify you when new items that match your search are posted.

Careful with battery life, though. The browsing the notifications and allowing it to update too regularly can leave you w/o power 😉

Comment by Anonymous — Aug 25th 2010 @ 12:44 pm
  5. The best one out there is EasyMoney! No more late payments for me!

Comment by Anonymous — Sep 16th 2010 @ 12:49 am
  6. Mint is only for US users while Easymoney can be used internationally.

Comment by Anonymous — Oct 2nd 2010 @ 9:08 pm
  7. Check out “My Money” on the android market.

This application allows you to manage your money and keep track of it.
    Very simple and intuitive.

Can use voice recognition to add an expense automatically.

Give it a try!