Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Debt reduction guru Dave Ramsey is well known for encouraging his followers to “live like no one else so that you can live like no one else.” Sound advice. But have you ever wondered how Ramsey himself lives?
I recently ran across an interesting article that provided details about Ramsey’s new mansion just south of Nashville (pictured below). Based on what they had to say, it seems that Dave has a taste for the finer things in life…
According to tax records, Dave’s house spans more than 13,307 square feet – not including the 1,454 square foot garage – and sits on a parcel of land that Dave bought or $1.5M back in 2008. Though the market value of the land has reportedly dropped to $750k, the total assessed value of his home is $4,909,200.
Curious what it look like on the inside?
From what we hear Daveâ€™s home office, including the sliding library wall ladder, is made of solid mahogany. The shower in the master bathroom is rumored to have 18 shower heads and is larger than the jacuzzi tub. Cathedral ceilings throughout. The local who we spoke with felt the basement was by far the most impressive. Full bar with whiskey barrels built into the walls, media room and several bedrooms make up the broad lower basement level you see from the distance, wrapping around the tip of the mountain.
Oh, and if you’re wondering… There’s no record of a mortgage on the property.
If you’re interested in moving into the area, you can make an offer on Lee Ann Rimes’ house right next door. While the $6,499,900 price tag might seem a bit shocking, that’s a bargain compared to the original listing price of $6,950,000. Beyond that, she’s apparently never lived there, so it should be in great shape.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)