Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
- Cash back credit cards
- Airline rewards credit cards
- Reward points credit cards
- Value credit cards
- Credit card customer service
They’ll be compiling and publishing the results during the first week in January. It should make for interesting post-Holiday reading for finance junkies like me. 🙂
As for my preferences…
I’m a big fan of Blue Cash Everyday Card from American Express when it comes to cash back credit cards. Even though AmEx isn’t as widely accepted as certain other cards, this is still a very good card with generous rewards.
For airline rewards, I like the Platinum Delta SkyMiles Card, also from American Express. Of course, your preference here will likely be governed by airline preference, so it will probably be harder to pin down a “best” in this category.
For reward points, I guess my favorite is the Chase Freedom® card, which recently went from being straight cash back to a points-based reward system (though you can easily redeem your points for cash). Note that Card Ratings still lists this one in the cash back category despite the recent change.
For value cards I don’t really have a preference, so I left this one blank. We never carry a balance, so costs (i.e., interest rates) don’t matter to me. I pretty much pick cards solely based on the details of their rewards program.
Finally, I’m a big fan of American Express customer service. Every time I call, they answer quickly and the rep is always well-trained and knowledgeable.
What about you?
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (228)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)