Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Our thirteen year old recently asked me for some good books about investing. His savings account has recently reached a point where it makes sense for him to start learning about investing, and he’s obviously interested in doing so.
I started by giving him a copy of Stanley and Danko’s The Millionaire Next Door, which is an interesting and enjoyable read that emphasizes the importance of education, hard work, discipline, and frugality in financial success. He started the book last week and really seems to be enjoying it.
Over the weekend, I ran across a copy of Eric Tyson’s Investing for Dummies at the library, and it looks quite good. I’m not normally a fan of the “Dummies” series, but this book appears to provide a nice nuts and bolts overview of how different types of investments work, etc.
While I’m not looking to overwhelm him with reading, I’m curious if any of you have other recommendations of good financial books for a fairly mature, albeit still young teenager. Please leave your recommendations in the comments section for all to see.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)