Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Editor’s Note: This limited-time iTunes offer has expired.
Here’s a bit of Friday fun… From now through March 15th, you can get five free songs via iTunes by registering your American Express card through this link. This is a promo for existing cardholders, not a signup bonus.
To participate, simply click this link, register your American Express credit card, and use it to buy five songs via iTunes. That’s it. You should get a statement credit equal in value to the cost of those five song downloads within five business days.
A few thoughts…
This appears to be a “no strings attached” offer. Presumably they’re just trying to get people to use their cards, and to switch their iTunes accounts over to an AmEx card from whatever card might be hooked to it right now.
It’s unclear to me that they’ll actually be able to limit this to song downloads. It seems fairly likely (though I haven’t confirmed this) that a purchase of five similarly priced apps via the iTunes store would trigger the statement credit. If anyone knows for sure, please let us know.
The offer details specify that you’re limited to one statement credit “per registered card.” As you may have noticed, when you have multiple cards issued on a single account, they have different numbers. I have no idea if you’ll get multiple credit if you do this with multiple cards on one account.
If you have an existing balance in your iTunes account, I’m not sure if you can elect to pay with a credit card instead. As it turns out, I have a $10 credit from an iTunes gift card that I got in connection with an unrelated promo. It looks like I’ll have to use that up before I’ll be eligible for the free songs. Oh well.
Finally, if you’re worried about AmEx holding up their end of the bargain, keep in mind that a number of us participated in (and received the $25 credit for) their Small Business Saturday promo late last year.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (286)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (236)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)