Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
With just over six weeks until Tax Day 2011, many have already done their taxes, and most have at least started thinking about doing do so. With that in mind, I thought it would be interesting to run a poll about your preferred method for preparing your federal income taxes.
As for us… After years of doing our taxes myself, first with paper and pencil and later with TurboTax, we ultimately switched over to a tax pro. This decision was mainly driven by a dramatic increase in the complexity of our taxes, as well as a desire to simplify our lives.
I’m still firmly convinced that most people can do a good job on their taxes using something like TurboTax, but there are certainly instances in which enlisting the help of a pro is worth the added cost. This is especially true if you own a small business.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)