Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
A week ago, I asked how you guys will be preparing your taxes. As of this writing, just over 340 readers have responded, and the results are quite interesting. By far, the most popular response (with 48% of all votes) was commercial tax prep software, followed by a professional tax preparer (25%), electronic fillable forms (20%), and filling out paper forms manually (6%).
This week, I’m interested in hearing about how you’ll be filing your taxes. While those that fill out their forms by hand (paper and pencil) don’t have a choice, most everyone else does. For example, even if you use commercial tax prep software, you can either e-file or print and mail your return. The same goes for using a professional preparer.
Looking at the graph below, you can you that e-filing has become increasingly popular in recent years, with nearly 70% of all returns filed in 2010 (corresponding to the 2009 tax year) being e-filed. Based on these data, one can only assume that the 2011 numbers will be even higher.
And now, time for the poll…
As for us, we’ll be mailing hard copies of our returns this year. It’s not that I have anything against e-filing… In fact, when we’ve used TurboTax in the past, we’ve always e-filed. So why are we mailing a hard copy now? Mainly because that’s how our tax guy does things.
What about you? Are you mailing hard copy or e-filing your return? Please vote in the poll above, and also feel free to leave a comment to provide a bit of context.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)