Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
With the 2010 tax filing deadline safely behind us, I want to turn your attention to important tax-related deadlines for the remainder of the year. The most relevant dates for me are the estimated tax payment deadlines, though I’ve also requested filing extensions in the past.
March 15th, 2011 – This was the deadline for corporate tax returns (Forms 1120, 1120A, or 1120S) unless you requested a six month extension (see September 15th, below).
April 18th, 2011 – Not only were your taxes due on this date (unless you requested a six month extension; see October 17th, below), but this was also the deadline for you 1st quarterly installment of estimated taxes (assuming that you are making estimated payments). This was also the deadline for estate income tax, trust income tax, or partnership tax returns though you were allowed to request a five month extension (see September 15th, below).
June 15th, 2011 – Deadline for 2nd quarterly installment of estimated taxes. This is also the deadline for US citizens living abroad to file their individual tax returns for 2010 (though you can request a four month extension).
June 30th, 2011 – Deadline for filing your Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts if you have over $10k (in total) in foreign bank accounts.
September 15th, 2011 – Deadline for 3rd quarterly installment of estimated taxes. This is also the deadline for filing corporate tax returns if you requested an extension back in March.
This is also the deadline to file estate income tax, trust income tax, or partnership tax returns if you requested an extension back in April.
October 3rd, 2011 – Final deadline for self-employed individuals to establish a SIMPLE IRA for 2011.
October 17th, 2011 – Final income tax filing deadline for those who requested a six month extension back in April. This is also the deadline for funding a SEP-IRA or Solo 401(k) for 2010 if you requested an extension.
December 31st, 2011 – Last day to set up a Solo 401(k) for 2011 (assuming that you are self-employed).
January 15th, 2012 – Deadline for 4th quarterly installment of estimated taxes*.
*Note: As always, you can skip this last payment without penalty if you file your return and pay the full balance due no later than January 31, 2012. Otherwise, if you make your estimated tax payments late, you will be subject to late payment penalties.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (228)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)