Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Last week, Ed shared eight tips for saving money on vacation, and this morning I shared another eight travel saving tips. With those excellent tips as backdrop, I wanted to share with you the mother of all travel saving tips:
For those that can’t (or don’t want to) check out the video, it’s a humorous piece from The Onion that advises taking a vacation entirely in your mind. While this is intended as a joke, it does bring up the possibility of taking a “staycation,” where you stay home and relax, visit local attractions, etc.
Not only can you save a good bit of money by taking a staycation, but you’ll probably return to work more relaxed and re-energized than if you had actually headed out of town for vacation. The key is to actually not work.
In the few cases where we’ve done a staycation, I’ve made a point of telling people at work that I’ll be away for the week, I’ve set up an auto-reply for my e-mail, etc. And guess what? It’s worked great. Have you ever done a staycation?
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)