Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Remember when I reported a rumor that Ally Financial (parent company of Ally Bank) was interested in buying ING Direct? Well, that rumor turned out to be wrong. Instead, it was recently revealed that Capital One will be acquiring ING Direct for a reported $9B – with $6.2B in cash, and $2.8B in stock.
This move will make Capital One the 5th biggest bank in terms of US deposits, up from 8th place, and it will also give them a strong presence in the online banking world. It remains to be seen what effect this acquisition will have on existing ING Direct customers.
Will Capital One leave well enough alone? Or will they start tinkering around with ING’s business model? Only time will tell.
Source: Bloomberg via Bargaineering
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (228)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)