Get 1,000 Delta SkyMiles for Free

Editor’s Note:  This offer is no longer available.

Get 1,000 Delta SkyMiles for Free

If you’re a frequent (or even semi-frequent) Delta traveler, you might be interested in this offer that just showed up in our mailbox…

If you signup to receive SkyMiles promotions via e-mail by December 31st, you’ll get 1000 free SkyMiles credited to your account. It’s not a huge amount, but it takes very little effort to complete this offer.

Simply visit and give them your SkyMiles numbers. Next, fill in your name and e-mail address and click submit. From there, you should receive a confirmation e-mail (it took about a day for mine to show up). Click the link in that e-mail, and you’re done. That’s it.

We’ve just sent you a confirmation email. Once you click to confirm, you’ll be set to receive our best deals, promotions, and more right to your inbox, and your bonus miles will be automatically credited to your SkyMiles account.

While I’m no fan of additional junk mail, there doesn’t seem to be any requirement that you stay signed up for the long term if you don’t want to keep receiving the messages after the free miles post.

Published on November 3rd, 2011 - 15 Comments
Filed under: Travel

1. I wonder if this is a targeted offer. I tried to sign up and got the following message: “We are sorry, the SkyMiles number you entered is not eligible for this offer.”

No big deal. It was worth a shot. Thanks for sharing.

Comment by Anonymous — Nov 3rd 2011 @ 8:27 pm
  2. Yup, same message for me. Perhaps I need to get off their mailing list first.

Comment by Anonymous — Nov 4th 2011 @ 10:20 am
  3. Thanks for this article. It reminded me of a report I heard on NPR this August one sunny afternoon. The report discussed free air miles for those who purchased coins from the US Mint at face value, in order to better circulate them. The reward was a ridiculous amount of air miles. However, people tricked the system and as soon as the coins arrived they deposited them into their bank accounts and received the air miles without the work. Have they put an end to this program or have you heard anything about it?

Comment by Anonymous — Nov 5th 2011 @ 6:23 pm
  4. Did not work for me or my husband either… maybe cause we already get their email offers.

Comment by Anonymous — Nov 7th 2011 @ 11:19 am
  5. Possibly a scam? Or maybe too many people tried signing up for it? I think I’ll use my judgement on this one! I have too many junk e-mails in my inbox already! But I sure do love to fly!

Comment by Anonymous — Nov 8th 2011 @ 3:08 am
  6. To clarify, this was a snail-mail promotion that showed up in our (real) mailbox. It may have been a targeted mailing, though, which is why it may not be working for some. This would be particularly likely if you are already on their e-mail list.

Comment by Nickel — Nov 8th 2011 @ 6:12 pm
  7. I followed the instructions in the promotional letter but when I got on-line, I could not even find a place to insert my SkyMiles number. Just too complicated for this poor soul to follow.

Comment by Anonymous — Nov 9th 2011 @ 12:24 pm
  8. I was trying to find my mileage amount, but could not get it. Please email this info to me. Thank you very much.

Comment by Anonymous — Nov 9th 2011 @ 6:38 pm
  9. I agree to sign up,,,,,,,,,,my delta air # is: 2170238073……….I assume that this cost me noithing! Harold

Comment by Anonymous — Nov 14th 2011 @ 3:22 pm
  10. I thought I signed up, and it said I would receive a confirmation but I never did. What’s happening?

Comment by Anonymous — Nov 24th 2011 @ 3:53 pm
  11. please sign me up for a free 1,000. bonus miles and promotional

deals. Please send confirmation. Thanks

Comment by Anonymous — Dec 11th 2011 @ 11:50 am
  12. OK now. Lets see if this works!!!

Comment by Anonymous — Dec 17th 2011 @ 2:37 pm
  13. I also signed up,but there is not enough room on the application for the full email address. could it be because I’m already get your emails. . Thanks, betty moore

Comment by Anonymous — Dec 25th 2011 @ 1:02 pm
  14. Thank you for the opportunity to earn the 1000 miles.
    My husband and I are passionate about travel and travel
    every year. Thank you