Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
As you’re likely aware, this coming Friday is none other than “Black Friday.” And what happens the day after that? Small Business Saturday, of course.
Small Business Saturday is a promo that was launched last year by American Express. The goal of this promotion is to get people to shop at small, locally-owned businesses – and to use their American Express cards when doing so. As before, Amex is offering a $25 bounty for participating.
Simply register your eligible card(s) and and then make a $25 minimum purchase (with your card, of course) at a qualifying small business on this coming Saturday, November 26th. In return, you’ll get a $25 statement credit.
Eligible merchants include:
…any independently owned small businesses that accept the American Express Card. Purchases made online, at large, national chains, at franchised business locations and at government agencies are not eligible. Prepaid, corporate cards and ExpressPay transactions are not eligible.
There’s a limit of one statement credit per card no matter how many purchases you make. That being said, I was able to get credits on two different cards last year, so if you have more than one Amex card, you might consider registering and using each of them.
The credit should show up within five (5) business days, but it could take up to two statement cycles in some cases. Last year, my credits showed up very quickly (within just a few days).
This is a win-win for you and any local merchants that accept Amex, as they’ll get extra business and you’ll get a $25 credit.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)