Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Remember last summer when I noted that Capital One was in the process of buying ING Direct? Well, the Federal Reserve approved the acquisition yesterday, and the deal is expected close within the next few days.
According to the note that I received from Capital One:
“Capital One has no current plans to change ING customer accounts. Customers will still enjoy the competitive rates, no fees and the same online experience they’ve come to know and love from ING Direct.”
One thing that I hope will be changing is the lack of remote deposit. As regular readers know, ING has been promising to add this functionality since last summer, but nothing has happened.
Perhaps they were too busy with the impending acquisition to roll out new features. Or perhaps they’ve just been dragging their feet. Either way…
What do you think about the news? Do you think Capital One will leave well enough alone? Or will they mess up a good thing?
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (286)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (235)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)