As a followup to my earlier post about remote deposit at ING Direct, I just wanted to share my first deposit experience. I had two small checks lying around so I figured I’d test it out.
Here are the steps:
- Endorse your check.
- Launch the app and hit the “deposit” button.
- Snap a photo of the front of the check.
- Snap a photo of the signed back of the check.
- Enter the amount of the check on the next screen.
- Select the account into which you want to deposit the check.
- Enter any relevant notes about the deposit.
- Repeat for additional checks.
Seconds later, I had a pair of e-mail notifications (one for each check) stating that my deposits would post the next business day (since I made the deposits after 5PM).
At 10AM this morning, I received another pair of e-mails stating that the deposits had been processed and that I was free to void the checks. The funds are showing up in my balance, but are not yet “available”. Since both checks were so small, I expect the full amounts to be made available tomorrow.
Leave a Reply