Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
It’s been awhile since I’ve updated our Lending Club performance so I thought I’d share some details. As you may be aware, we’ve been winding down our holdings there, though we still have a decent chunk of money there (around $2k) and it’s still performing reasonably well.
Last March our portfolio looked like this:
- 266 loans were current
- 146 loans had been paid off
- 3 loans were currently 16-30 days late
- 9 loans were currently 30-120 days late
- 28 loans had defaulted and/or been charged off
and our net annualized return (NAR) stood at 7.6%.
As of now, our portfolio looks like this:
- 202 loans are current
- 205 loans have been paid off
- 0 loans are currently 16-30 days late
- 11 loans are currently 30-120 days late
- 34 loans have defaulted and/or been charged off
with a current NAR of 7.1%.
So yes, our returns have slipped as we’ve faced a steady trickle of defaults, but 7%+ isn’t anything to sneeze at.
In case you’re wondering, it’s been about 20 months since we last bought adding notes to our portfolio so it’s definitely aging. And yes, we’ve faced a steady trickle of defaults as time has gone by. But still, 7%+ isn’t anything to sneeze at.
What about you? If you’ve been investing with Lending Club, how are things going? When reporting your results please be sure to give us an idea of how many notes you’re holding and how long you’ve been at it.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (228)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)