Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
This is just a quick followup to my post from a couple of months ago in which described the process of requesting a check from Upromise. In it, I noted that they send checks quarterly, on March 16th, June 15th, September 14th, and December 14th.
Over this past weekend, an envelope from Upromise showed up in our mailbox. Inside was my check for a cool $110 in earnings from… Well, basically having done nothing. I signed up for Upromise years ago, linked our various credit cards and grocery/drugstore affinity cards and then just went on with life.
While $110 isn’t a life-changing sum, it cost me nothing (other than a few minutes) to earn it. Yes, it takes quite awhile to build up a reasonable balance but, again, free is free.
If you currently have an account with a balance of at least $10, you can request a check by logging in, clicking on “My Account“, and then clicking on “Request a Check” under “My Earnings Usage” on the left. Given their mailing schedule, it should arrive just before Christmas.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)