Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
This afternoon I had an opportunity to try out the process of closing a CD early (again), and guess what? It was much like before.
I started by hitting up their online chat. I explained what I wanted to do — close a certain CD and have the funds deposited into our online savings account — and the rep set to work.
A few minutes later, after confirming that I was aware of the 60 day interest penalty, I was told that the request had been submitted and that it would be processed shortly:
Rep: Please allow 1-2 business days for the account to be closed and the funds transferred.
This was about two hours ago, and guess what? The request has already been processed and the funds are sitting in our savings account as we speak.
So… At least thus far, this change in the wording of their deposit agreement (“if we consent to the redemption…”) has been much ado about nothing. It remains to be seen what will happen if/when rates climb and they see a wave of redemption requests.
But for now, all seems to be well.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)