Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
While perusing the web the other day, I ran across an amusing story about a drunk guy at a Vikings game that was eating ice cream with a credit card. Someone nearby captured the moment in a photo and shortly thereafter it went viral.
Here’s the pic:
It’s kind of hard to see, but he is indeed eating ice cream with a credit card.
This got me to thinking… What’s the strangest non-financial thing that you’ve done with a credit card?
I’m pretty boring, so I haven’t done too much beyond using one to scrape frost from my windshield in a pinch. I guess I’ve also use one as a straightedge when drawing something. Oh, and I’ve used one to slice open the tape on a package when I couldn’t find a key (my usual go-to tool for such things).
What about you? What’s the weirdest (or most creative) thing you’ve ever done with a credit card? Have you tried to jimmy the lock on your front door with a credit card? Sliced food with one? Used one to play guitar? Eaten ice cream with one? Or something else entirely?
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (227)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)