Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Speaking of becoming a millionaire (or not), the most recent issue of Money magazine had some interesting statistics on how much money people think they’d need to retire today.
Based on the results of a national poll:
- 10% of respondents said $250k-$500k
- 24% of respondents said $500k-$1M
- 35% of respondents said $1M-$2M
- 31% of respondent said over $2M
At the same time, they provided data showing that the median savings for households near retirement (ages 55-64) is just $120k, and that 42% of all workers just guess at how much they’ll need to retire vs. running the numbers.
Kind of scary when you think about it…
What about you? What’s your number? And what are you basing it on? Did you pick it out of thin air, or did you do the math?
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (286)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (235)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)