Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Last year I asked for 2012 stock market predictions. At the time, the market (as measure by the S&P 500) had been almost perfectly flat during during the preceding year. In fact, it opened 2011 at 1257.64 and, despite many gyrations, closing at 1257.60 on the last day of the year.
Based on the poll results, ca. 25% of respondents predicted the market would be down, about 8% predicted a flat market, and the remainder (ca. two-thirds) predicted an increase. Well, the results are now in.
The market (again, as measured by the S&P 500) went from 1257.60 to 1426.19 during 2012 — a 13.4% increase. While the majority got the overall answer right (i.e., it went up) only 11% picked the right bin (10-15% increase).
With that as a backdrop, I thought it would be fun to run a similar poll for 2013. So here it is…
If you’d like to make a guess as to the specific closing price at the end of 2013, please do so in the comments section (but please also select a poll choice). You won’t win anything but bragging rights if you get it right, but hey…
Bragging is kinda fun.
Note: E-mail and RSS subscribers may need to click through for the poll to work.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)