Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
In case you haven’t heard, Discover is spotlighting their newest card, known as Discover it. Notably, they have re-worked the rewards structure associated with this card.
While they’re still offering 5% cash back on rotating categories, subject to enrollment and quarterly maximum spend, they’ve dropped the spending tiers for non-bonus purchases, meaning that you’ll get a straight 1% cash back on all “other” purchases.
They’ve also dropped some fees (e.g., no overlimit fees, no foreign transaction fees) and improved the customer service associated with this card (24/7 access to US-based service). All in all, these are changes for the better. However…
They won’t automatically convert your existing card to a Discover it card. Rather, you’ll have to call and ask them to do it. Given that these are all changes for the better, if you’re an existing Discover cardholder, you may want to take a look at Discover it.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (288)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)