It’s been six months since I last updated the performance of my (dwindling) Lending Club portfolio. As a reminder, we’re in the process of winding down our holdings there. We’re down to less than $700, from roughly $10k at the peak.
It’s been awhile since I’ve updated our Lending Club performance so I thought I’d share some details. As you may be aware, we’ve been winding down our holdings there, though we still have a decent chunk of money there (around $2k) and it’s still performing reasonably well.
Last August our portfolio looked like this:
- 202 loans are current
- 205 loans have been paid off
- 0 loans are currently 16-30 days late
- 11 loans are currently 30-120 days late
- 34 loans have defaulted and/or been charged off
and our net annualized return (NAR) stood at 7.1%.
As of now, our portfolio looks like this:
- 110 loans were current
- 295 loans had been paid off
- 1 loans were currently 16-30 days late
- 6 loans were currently 30-120 days late
- 40 loans had defaulted and/or been charged off
with a current NAR of 6.7%.
So our returns are continuing to slip and our defaults are continuing to mount, but 6.7% isn’t too shabby, especially when you consider that I’ve pretty much ignored our portfolio for the past two years.
What about you? If you’ve been investing with Lending Club, how are things going? When reporting your results please be sure to give us an idea of how many notes you’re holding and how long you’ve been at it.
Leave a Reply