Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
They rates banks based on customer satisfaction, stability (state-by-state failure rates), availability of high interest rates, and size of the banking community (more choices is better).
The top ten were:
- West Virginia
- New York
- North Dakota
And the ten worst (from very worst to 10th worst) were:
- South Carolina
- Rhode Island
- North Carolina
- New Hampshire
While I wasn’t terribly surprised to see the like of Georgia, Illinois, and Minnesota on this list (all were in the top five in failures from 2008-2011) I was blown away that Florida, California, and (to a lesser extent) Washington didn’t fall in the bottom ten.
Florida and California were 2nd and 4th for bank failures from 2008-2011 and Washington was tied for 5th with Minnesota.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (534)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (325)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (284)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (228)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)