Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays Bank.
Nearly eight years ago – on May 1, 2005 – this site went live. In the time since then, we’ve published nearly 3,300 articles. I say “we” because, though I ran this site solo for nearly four years, it eventually became a group effort.
In the spring of 2009, I took on my first two staff writers (Matt Jabs and Laura Martinez). And later that year, I reached an agreement to sell FCN to a company called QuinStreet with me staying on in an editorial capacity.
Following the transition, we continued the practice of having staff writers contribute a couple of posts per week. And, of course, I continued to write – to the tune of roughly 2,800 total articles over the life of the site.
During all of this, our 1st grader grew into a high school freshman. Our preschooler became a middle-schooler. Our toddler is nearly out of elementary school. And our youngest, who was barely 4 months old when I launched the site, is now 8 years old and nearing the end of 2nd grade.
In other words, much has changed in my life. And now it’s time for another change. I’ve decided that it’s time for me to step away from FCN. It’s been a great run and I’ve enjoyed it immensely. But, as they say, all good things must come to an end.
The good news is that the site will live on. It’s in the hands of an excellent editorial staff and capable contributors. They have every intention of keeping it humming along in my absence and I fully expect them to deliver.
Before I go, I want to thank the many bloggers whom I’ve interacted with over the years — in particular, the original members of the old MoneyBlogNetwork (Flexo, FMF, Jim [also here], JLP, and MBH) as well as those who joined along the way (NCN, JD [now here], and the good folks at WiseBread). I also want to thank all of you, the readers and commenters, who have made this so much fun.
And finally, to my wife…
Thank you for your patience, understanding, and support. You frequently picked up my slack during the many long evenings that I spent building this site. I noticed. And I appreciate it more than you know. I couldn’t have done it without you.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (692)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (536)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (329)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (286)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (272)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (235)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)