When is the last time you got into a heated argument about cars? Cars in general are not controversial. Yes, there is the odd low-key Chevy vs. Ford thing from days gone by and that sort of thing, but most people generally don’t get worked up about cars, arguing about them after dinner in mixed [...]
Archive for the ‘Automotive’ Category
This post comes from Anna Williams at our partner site LearnVest.com.
There are dozens of factors to consider when it comes to buying a new car—everything from safety features to the length of the loan.
But if durability is high on your lists of musts, a new study might help steer you in the right direction.
This article comes from Nate Segall from the Quicken Loans Zing! blog.
Traffic – we despise it, we can’t stand it and we’ll do anything to avoid it. You can catch the morning news before you head out to work, tune in to the traffic updates on the radio – or you can download a traffic application [...]
According to a new survey from Insure.com, the most expensive 2014 car to insure in the United States is the $110,000 Nissan GT-R Track Edition, which requires a few bucks less than $3,200 in premiums to cover for 12 months.
The super car is better known in some quarters as “Godzilla,” for it is a monster [...]
It is time to plan summer vacations. If you are planning to fly to your destination, now is the best time to start setting up price alerts for the plane tickets and signing up for credit cards if you want to use the miles and perks that come with carrying a particular airline card. With an [...]
This post comes from Cathy at our partner site Quizzle.com.
If you’re a driver, you’ve undoubtedly thought about how much it costs to buy a car. Maybe you’ve lusted after a $500,000 Lamborghini, while knowing you can only afford a $20,000 Honda Civic. And you’ve probably considered the cost of purchasing a car when you’ve created [...]
The news that gas prices are on the rise again reminded me of the summer of 2007. At the time both of my sons were playing travel baseball, which meant we were driving all over northern Illinois every weekend.
We owned a beautiful Chrysler Pacifica at the time — a sporty, comfortable, large car that was [...]
We recently bought a new car and I’m interested in increasing the cargo capacity. Remember, we have four (rapidly) growing boys, so space is at a premium. As it turns out, this particular vehicle doesn’t come from the factory with roof rails installed, but you can get them as a dealer add-on.
Not surprisingly, if you [...]
This is just a quick tip for those of you that are traveling by car this summer… If you want to shave a few bucks off the cost of your travels, consider using your smartphone to find the best gas prices.
By far the best service that I’ve found for this is GasBuddy.com, which has free [...]
Today is Memorial Day. In addition to be an important American holiday, Memorial Day also marks the traditional start of the summer driving season in the United States. I thus thought it would be worth taking another look at gas prices.
While gas prices usually jump over Memorial Day weekend and then continue increasing into the [...]
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest?
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter?
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage?
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007?
How to save money on insurance
- 20/20 Vision on 20-Something Investing
- Do You Know About This Movement?
- Why Do You Shop?
- Who's the Boss of Your Finances?
- Silence Not Golden in Intergenerational Family Finance
- The Cost of More
- 5 Creative Backyard Summer Activities for Kids
- What to do When the Stock Market Crashes
- How We Use Our Time
- Tips for First-Time Campers