It is time to plan summer vacations. If you are planning to fly to your destination, now is the best time to start setting up price alerts for the plane tickets and signing up for credit cards if you want to use the miles and perks that come with carrying a particular airline card. With an [...]
Archive for the ‘Automotive’ Category
This post comes from Cathy at our partner site Quizzle.com.
If you’re a driver, you’ve undoubtedly thought about how much it costs to buy a car. Maybe you’ve lusted after a $500,000 Lamborghini, while knowing you can only afford a $20,000 Honda Civic. And you’ve probably considered the cost of purchasing a car when you’ve created [...]
The news that gas prices are on the rise again reminded me of the summer of 2007. At the time both of my sons were playing travel baseball, which meant we were driving all over northern Illinois every weekend.
We owned a beautiful Chrysler Pacifica at the time — a sporty, comfortable, large car that was [...]
We recently bought a new car and I’m interested in increasing the cargo capacity. Remember, we have four (rapidly) growing boys, so space is at a premium. As it turns out, this particular vehicle doesn’t come from the factory with roof rails installed, but you can get them as a dealer add-on.
Not surprisingly, if you [...]
This is just a quick tip for those of you that are traveling by car this summer… If you want to shave a few bucks off the cost of your travels, consider using your smartphone to find the best gas prices.
By far the best service that I’ve found for this is GasBuddy.com, which has free [...]
Today is Memorial Day. In addition to be an important American holiday, Memorial Day also marks the traditional start of the summer driving season in the United States. I thus thought it would be worth taking another look at gas prices.
While gas prices usually jump over Memorial Day weekend and then continue increasing into the [...]
Having just bought two cars in the past month, I was interested to read a handful of interesting car-related tidbits this weekend. For starters, the average price of a new car or light truck in April was just a shade over $30k. $30,303 to be exact, which represents a $1200 increase over last year.
Needless to [...]
Whew. We’ve had quite a month here at the FCN household. As many of you know, we bought a new car last month. What most of you don’t know is that we bought another new car this week. The first time around, we were replacing my wife’s old minivan and we opted to sell the [...]
It’s still early April and the national average for a gallon of regular unleaded gas is just shy of $4/gallon — up $0.17/gallon from a month ago. This begs the question… Once the summer driving season hits, how high will gas prices go?
For the record, as I write this, the lowest reported price in the [...]
As I noted a week ago, we recently bought a new car. That meant it was time to sell our old car. In general terms, I avoid trade-ins because: (1) they make the deal significantly more complex, making it harder to get a good deal, and (2) you can generally get considerably more selling your [...]
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest?
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter?
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage?
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007?
How to save money on insurance
- How to save money on road trips
- Which fitness band is best for you?
- How Expensive Is Your Ego?
- Is borrowing money a form of addiction?
- Spring break on a bare minimum budget
- News flash: You are now allowed to spend retirement savings
- Money mistakes to avoid in your 20s
- Precious metals: The effect of QE tapering on gold and silver
- MyRA Exposed!
- Are you investing or betting?