This post is from staff writer Jeffrey Steele.
I’ve been a member of a local professional association for more than 20 years. The group holds monthly meetings, and the program committee comes up with a different program each month, usually featuring one or more guest speakers. Topics have included getting the most from social media, seizing [...]
Archive for the ‘Customer Service’ Category
This post is from staff writer Jeffrey Steele.
Not quite a month ago, I wrote about a poor customer service experience at the Golden Arches, and what a poor job they did in making it right. Today I’m writing about another negative experience at a different establishment and a manager that went above and beyond what was necessary to make things right.
We recently [...]
Last night my wife stopped at a well known fast food joint to pick up dinner. I’m not naming names, but there was a red-haired, yellow-suited clown and some arches involved… I’m sure you can figure it out.
Anyway, she went through the drive through, ordered, and got our food. They almost forgot one entire meal, [...]
This wasn’t supposed to happen to me.
You see, as a financial writer, when I cover a story about credit card fraud, it’s supposed to be in the third person — about what happened to some unfortunate victim, or about how laws help protect consumers, etc. It’s not supposed to be in the first person. I’m [...]
Pardon the rant, but… With the recent news that AT&T is doubling their wireless activation fee from $18 to $36, I just have to ask: Why do cell phone companies charge activation/upgrade fees?
The simple answer, I guess, is “because they can.” AT&T’s excuse is that they’re just covering their costs. But why not just charge [...]
Last fall, my wife and I went into our nearest bank branch to set up a new savings account for a trust that we’re managing. While we were there, the “Personal Banker” told us about a promo that they were running that would give us a higher than typical interest rate.
I can’t remember the details, [...]
How’s this for awesome customer service? We were settling in late last Saturday morning to watch some college football when my wife and I decided that we wanted to get some takeout from our local burger joint. While they offer counter service and a drive-through, their motto is “We don’t serve fast food. We serve [...]
Miracle of miracles, I got an e-mail response from Dish Network saying that they’ve credited our account for $3.99 to make up for the pay-per-view movie that we never ordered. Interestingly, shortly after I sent my response, I checked the settings on our Dish receiver. Guess what? PPV was already locked out. So… Despite what [...]
I’ve had my share of troubles with Dish Network customer service in the past, but this just about takes the cake… This past month, our bill was a bit higher than normal. When I investigated, I discovered that we were charged $3.99 for a pay-per-view movie that we never ordered. No, $3.99 isn’t a huge [...]
Now this is brilliant. Instead of simply using their customer’s shopping history data for marketing purposes, grocery chain Meijer has decided to put their Orwellian insights to good use… They’ve started printing product recall information on the bottoms of receipts when a customer that has previously purchased a recalled product comes through the checkstand. Now [...]
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest?
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter?
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage?
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007?
How to save money on insurance
- Enter a new chapter in personal finance success
- Make an appointment with yourself to manage your money
- Time to think about taxes, again!
- 5 Vehicles With the Longest Lifespans
- How your life is changing in a Heartbleed
- Parents' attitudes toward money and kids
- 10 Questions for … a Business Coach
- Worst-case-scenario playbook
- How to rear money-smart kids
- Smartphone apps to help you avoid traffic