General Electric has been active in the financing business for a very long time, but not in a way that hits you in the face. Don’t let their obscurity fool you, though. In banking, size has its advantages and, in terms of assets, General Electric is a powerhouse. Its banking operations have survived a number [...]
Archive for the ‘Reviews’ Category
Few banks have had as profound an impact on our daily lives as Ally Bank. Back in the time of Model T Fords, all automobiles were paid for in cash. General Motors created the General Motors Acceptance Corporation (GMAC) in 1919 to offer their customers easy access to credit, helping more individuals to afford their [...]
Mutual of Omaha has been a well-known player in the insurance industry for more than a century. In 2007, Mutual of Omaha created an affiliate company, Omaha Financial Holdings, Inc., (OFHI) to explore the banking sector. Omaha Financial Holdings, Inc., opened with $700 million in assets and 13 locations by acquiring three community banks — Nebraska [...]
Banking in America is unique. No other country has as many banks, and types of banks, as the United States. Most countries in Europe have about four or five big banks… and that’s it. When there are so few competitors, they all tend to be alike, and not all that consumer-friendly.
The plethora of banks in [...]
This post is from staff writer Jeffrey Steele.
I’ve had Brian Ross’s 2009 book “The Madoff Chronicles” in my sights for several years, and I finally got around to plucking the tome about the 2008 collapse of the House of Madoff from my local library. Having devoured about three-quarters of this Greek tragedy of a tale, I [...]
Airline credit cards allow you to earn rewards for travel. If you are a frequent airline traveler, these credit cards can be a good way to save money on your flights. Good airline credit cards offer unrestricted travel without blackout dates or seating restrictions. As with all credit cards, you want to look for a [...]
There are many different features to look for when you select a new credit card. You want to get a credit card from a reputable bank. You want a credit card that offers a low interest rate. You will probably seek a credit card that offers high-quality rewards that you will actually have an opportunity [...]
Our Saturday series helps you to locate the best credit cards to meet your financial needs. In recent weeks we’ve looked at the best cash back credit cards, the best general rewards credit cards and credit cards for people with excellent credit. This week we’re helping you to learn more about the best gas cards. People [...]
This week we’re taking a look at card offers for those with excellent credit. The better your credit is, the more likely it is that you are going to be able to qualify for cards that offer you terrific perks, rewards, terms and conditions. Your excellent credit tells the credit card companies that they can [...]
The purpose of this weekly Saturday series is to highlight the best credit cards in different categories so that you can find the card that has the features that are right for you. We’re making that easier this week by focusing on the top seven credit credit cards in the category (which is American Express [...]
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest?
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter?
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage?
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007?
How to save money on insurance
- Which fitness band is best for you?
- How Expensive Is Your Ego?
- Is borrowing money a form of addiction?
- Spring break on a bare minimum budget
- News flash: You are now allowed to spend retirement savings
- Money mistakes to avoid in your 20s
- Precious metals: The effect of QE tapering on gold and silver
- MyRA Exposed!
- Are you investing or betting?
- How to keep your pets safe this winter