I can still remember the days when the term “generation gap” was all the rage. Back in the late 1960s and early 1970s, that term was bandied about to describe the yawning philosophical chasm between Baby Boomers and their parents on topics as diverse as the Vietnam War, the length of one’s hair, and different [...]
Archive for the ‘Travel’ Category
photo: Wikimedia Commons
We were at the Seattle airport a few years ago, my wife and I, checking in our baggage at the counter. We had some work to do in Chelan and were on our way back to Denver. As we made our way to the airport, we stopped at a Trader Joe’s to buy [...]
This guest post from our partner site Zing! was written by Tim Krebs, corporate communications manager for Protect America Home Security. Tim regularly contributes to the Protect America Home and Life Blog and covers a variety of homeowner-related topics. Protect America recently released its “Interview with a Burglar” eBook, which visualizes some of the data found [...]
This post comes from Anthony Fontana at our partner site Zing!
It may not feel like it outside yet, but summer is just around the corner. That means it’s time to start planning vacations. Whether you’re flying somewhere or taking a long road trip, one thing’s for certain: You’re going to need a car at some point. [...]
This post comes from Lilly Keyes at our partner site Zing!
Since June is National Camping Month, I’m sure you’re desperate to get out there and start roasting marshmallows. If you’ve never been camping before, there are some things you should think about before you start rubbing sticks together. I mean, have you ever seen anyone on [...]
The summer travel season is almost upon us. In the past, finding good airfare deals used to take the most time, while booking the tickets only took a couple of minutes. Now, it goes like this:
You spend hours trying to find a good airfare deal and get excited when you find an awesome deal!
When you [...]
This post comes from Libby Kane at our partner site LearnVest.com.
We don’t need to tell you that air travel is expensive.
That’s even with airline loyalty programs, which generally grant frequent-flier miles to travelers based on the distance traveled. These are later redeemed for a free trip (or part of a trip).
But rewarding customers [...]
It is time to plan summer vacations. If you are planning to fly to your destination, now is the best time to start setting up price alerts for the plane tickets and signing up for credit cards if you want to use the miles and perks that come with carrying a particular airline card. With an [...]
This post comes from Chloe Paglia at our partner site Zing.
Dealing with the frigid winter months usually means fantasizing about heading somewhere else for a few days. For college kids particularly, it means dreaming of putting down our books, gathering up our friends and leaving for spring break. Unfortunately, the typical spring break getaway involves paying [...]
This post comes from Halina Matt at our partner site Zing.
It’s pretty much universally understood that the first thing on everyone’s mind midwinter is vacation. Whether it’s due to cold-weather blues or holiday hangover, packing up your bags and getting far, far away for a little while can be very tempting during the frigid months. If this [...]
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest?
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter?
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage?
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007?
How to save money on insurance
- Student Loan Reality Check
- Are You LinkedIn Optimized?
- Are Your Adult Children Destroying Your Retirement?
- 10 Negotiation Tips for Introverts
- The End of Two Buck Chuck?
- 5 Reasons to be Optimistic About the Economy
- 5 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Considering Homeownership
- Meet the Enemy of Retirement Security: Procrastination
- Should You Spend Your Money or Your Time?
- Fannie Mae is Ending the Home Path Program