It’s a good thing that I am a planner by nature because, dealing with personal finance as I do involves a lot of long-term planning. So it might seem a little odd for me to take this position, but there are times when your finances might be better for not having made a plan — [...]
Archive for the ‘Working’ Category
Quite a few parents choose to stay home because their entire salary would go to daycare if they went back to work full time after the birth of their child. If you are one of the stay-at-home parents who loves kids and wants to make money from home while taking care of your own kid, have [...]
With the unemployment rate recently edging below 6 percent, the job market is starting to look healthier than it has been since before the Great Recession. While that market does not yet favor employees the way it did during the 1990s, it has recovered enough to justify a more ambitious focus. People who had to scuffle [...]
This post comes from Jacqui Kenyon at our partner site LearnVest.
Have you ever gotten absorbed in a project on your laptop, only to look at the clock to see that three hours have passed?
TODAY Money calls it the “hypnotic effects of technology,” and it’s just one of several factors contributing to a new [...]
A neighbor who lives directly below me in my condominium building wakes up before 6 a.m. each morning, gets dressed, skulks outside and on some days begins looking for parked vehicles of neighbors he doesn’t like.
Under the protective cloak of a cover of darkness, he removes a key from his pocket, walks alongside those cars, [...]
This post comes from Cathie Ericson at our partner site LearnVest.
Do you feel like you spend half your day processing emails instead of actually working?
You aren’t alone.
Marsha Egan, C.E.O. of InboxDetox.com and author of “Inbox Detox and the Habit of Email Excellence,” says that a full inbox is “an immediate source of stress—it reminds [...]
This post comes from Shana Lebowitz at our partner site LearnVest.
What if you had the chance to impress 277 million professionals at once—convincing them you’re exactly what each of their organizations is missing?
As it turns out, you already have that opportunity on LinkedIn. According to a 2013 Jobvite survey, 96% of recruiters use the [...]
This post comes from Anthony Fontana at our partner site Zing!
Is there anything worse than moving? Before you call me lazy, I’m not talking about moving from the couch to the refrigerator for a beverage. I’m talking about moving from one home to another. It’s a pain, right? Not only do you have to find a new [...]
If so, you might be in a better position than you think. The Bureau of Labor Statistics, or BLS as it’s more commonly known, keeps track of more than just unemployment statistics. Any time geeks try to analyze something, they go into inordinate detail, which glazes over the eyes of everyone trying to understand what [...]
In this rapidly changing world, it’s comforting to know that some things never change. They are as immutable as the Rock of Gibraltar, as permanent as the sands of the Mojave, and as unalterable as the seven seas and stars above.
Want an example? Try new business failure rates. The percentage of new businesses that go [...]
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest?
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter?
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage?
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007?
How to save money on insurance
- Twice the opportunity for holiday spending guilt
- How do you find happiness with money?
- The sunny side of pessimism
- "Thinking Money" a rich change of pace from TV's wasteland
- Retirement planning for women: Strategies for a secure retirement
- Why lower gas prices are fleeting
- In praise of not planning
- Zeroing in on target-date funds
- How to make money from home by starting a daycare
- Funding Higher Education with an ISA