Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
Editor’s Note: Thank you for your interest, this offer expired and is no longer available.
Just a quick word of warning to those of you out there that have taken advantage of the signup bonuses for AmEx Business credit cards. Awhile back, I applied for a Business Gold Rewards Card.
Upon approval, I received my card, and shortly thereafter I received a letter from American Express stating that they were going to link the Membership Rewards account associated with my Business Gold Rewards Card to my existing Membership Rewards account associated with our existing American Express Optima Card. That’s all well and good, but they also said that there would be a $10 annual linkage fee. Not a huge deal, but it’s $10 that I don’t want to spend.
When our Optima statement showed up with a $10 linkage charge on it, I immediately called and asked them to unlink the accounts and reverse the charge. The CSR expressed surprise (yeah, right!) that they would’ve automatically linked the accounts and applied the fee without asking me, but she was happy to unlink the accounts and issue a $10 credit. Annoying? Yes. But still, that’s a pretty minor headache for a pocketful of jingle.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)