If you’re looking for some last minute gifts ideas, a reader recently tipped me off to the results of this year’s Axiom Book Awards. If you’re not familiar with them, the Axiom Awards are “designed to bring increased recognition to the year’s very best business books and their creators.” There are actually 25 different categories, though I’m only listing the winners for five of them (some are pretty esoteric).
Note that I haven’t actually read any of these, so I can’t vouch for them. However, there are some interesting titles here that I will likely check out. Oh, and I’ve also listed Amazon’s current star rating alongside each title.
- The Lies About Money (3.1 stars)
- Life is Short, Art is Long (3.5 stars)
- The Quiet Millionaire (4.8 stars)
- The Emerging Markets Century (4 stars)
- Wikinomics (3.9 stars)
- The Economics of Happiness (3.7 stars)
Success and motivation
- The Dip (3.8 stars)
- The Age of Speed (3.8 stars)
- Lasting Contribution (4.6 stars)
- Women & Money (4.6 stars)
Communication skills and networking
If these titles aren’t enough to satisfy your inner bibliophile, then be sure to check out these earlier posts: