Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
While skimming through the news this week, I ran across an interesting article about communities that are cutting back on, or canceling, their 4th of July fireworks displays due to budget cuts. In general, residents have been on board with such decisions, though some are understandably disappointed.
In some cases, corporate sponsors have stepped in to save the day, but in other cases people will either go without, or they’ll have to drive to neighboring communities to get their fireworks fix.
What about in your neck of the woods? Has your local fireworks show been affected by the economic slowdown? To be honest, I’m not sure what’s happening in our area, as we’re currently on the road and won’t be back until after all of the festivities.
Either way, I hope you have a fantastic (and safe) 4th of July!
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)