Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
I recently ran across an interesting letter to the editor in Time Magazine, and thought it would make good fodder for discussion. For background, this letter was written in response to an article by Joel Stein titled “The Week of Living Cheaply.”
Here’s an excerpt from the letter:
“Coupons are the worst kind of junk mail and a terrible waste of paper in our green economy — never mind the time waster they are in the saving, sorting, filing and waiting at the checkout counter. Think of the p.r. coup for the company that announces, “No more coupons!” I, for one, would buy that product on principle.”
To be fair (to Stein), he’s not quite so militant about things in his article. He also makes a good point near the end of his article about the value of haggling or, as he puts it, mumbling “Can you do a little better?” Nonetheless, he clearly places himself squarely in the “no coupon” camp.
So… What do you think? I’ve gone on record in the past saying that we’re not big into coupons. Sure, we’ll use ’em if we have ’em, but we don’t go out of our way to track them down. What about you?
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)