Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
Not quite six weeks ago I talked about the looming transition of ING Direct into Capital One 360. At that time, details were scarce. They did, however, promise that additional information would be forthcoming in December.
Well, earlier this week I received that info. Here’s a rundown of what I learned…
For starters, your account numbers, sign-in credentials, Saver ID, and account nicknames will remain unchanged.
But, starting in February, the website will transition to CapitalOne360.com — though I’m sure ingdirect.com will forward to this new address.
As for fees and rates, there will be none of the former and the latter will be “great”. I guess we’ll have to wait and see just how great their savings rates will end up being.
Your debit card will continue working as before, though you’ll no longer have to pay foreign transaction fees when using your card overseas.
As for deposits and withdrawals, you’ll be able to continue depositing checks electronically, and you’ll be able to make fee-free withdrawals at more than 38k Allpoint ATMs.
And that’s about it. If you have any questions or problems, they’re encouraging you to call them at 1-800-464-3473.
While I’m cautiously optimistic about the transition, it wouldn’t hurt to review Richard Barrington’s article on things to watch out for when your bank gets acquired.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)