Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
Before I jump in on the topic at hand, I thought I’d highlight an interesting little tidbit from a commenter who claims to be a former Dish Network employee:
As a former employee of Dish, please allow me to offer my condolences. I used to handle all escalated customers who showed up in the lobby of our corporate offices and I can tell you that really, your best bet would have been to drive to Englewood. The “Executive Escalations” person you spoke with was a glorified CSR in yes, gasp, a call center. I am glad that your problem is fixed.
Wow. For all you disgruntled Dish Network customers out there, it sounds like if your best course of action might by to hustle yourself out to Englewood, CO to lodge your complaint in person. Really nice. Although I can’t say that I’m surprised at this revelation. After all, we’ve been in Dish Network customer service hell for, hmmm…. Let’s see… June, July, August, September, part of October… Four and half months!
Anyway, back to our own Dish Network problems… After having thought everything was settled on more than one occasion, only to have the rug yanked out from under us, I just logged into our account and saw that we’ve now received a credit for last month’s Dish Home Protection plan. Now I can only hope that this ends up being a recurring credit, like it’s supposed to be. The really frustrating thing is that I now have to keep track of this for the next year or so to make sure they don’t renege.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)