Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
For all the trouble that we’ve had with Dish Network, this is hardly surprising… Our service has been out since Sunday night. Actually, it started acting funky Sunday night and then pretty much went down on Monday. On Monday night, I called for technical service and explained to the guy that we were having problems with TVs hooked to both boxes, which indicated to me that it was the dish itself, and not the boxes that were acting up. I also ran down a list of Dish-endorsed troubleshooting steps that I had taken. His response?
He proceeded to basically read a script aloud while he walked me through all the steps that I had already taken (and told him about). I ended up indulging him and re-doing everything just to satisfy him and get him to schedule a tech to come out.
Guess what? When we got done with the troubleshooting, he told me that — get this — the problems are most likely coming from our dish, and not from the boxes. Which is exactly what I told him when we first started talking.
So here we sit. It’s Wednesday morning, and they’ve promised that a tech will be out to our house sometime between 8AM and noon. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.
At least we got the problems with our Dish Home Protection Plan all sorted out, so this visit is covered. Unfortunately, their policy is to bill us $29 for the visit (marked down from $49 for having the Home Protection Plan) and then refund the money once they verify that there is a problem. Hmmmm… Where have I heard about this sort of thing before?
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)