Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
The point here is that, while I was at the coffee shop, a guy walked in and asked for change for a dollar and a cup of ice water. He then proceeded to buy a newspaper from the machine outside and come back in to sit down and read the paper while sipping his free (to him) cup of water.
Maybe I’m just grumpy, but… Seriously? Who has the audacity to walk into a business, ask for a free cup of water (which actually costs the coffee shop money), and then take up space that could be used by paying customers.
Don’t be cheap. Either buy something or don’t go there. Sure, he bought the paper. But that was from a machine outside, and that money doesn’t go to the coffee shop. It goes to the newspaper.
Yes, they have a sign on the door saying that their space (and internet, etc.) is reserved for paying customers. The guy behind the counter could have refused, but it was an awkward situation, and he let it slide.
Okay, I’ve said piece.
What do you think? Was he out of line? Or is this an acceptable practice?
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (291)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)