Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
Okey-dokey… Here’s the third (and final) installment of tax breaks that you don’t want to miss…
Move what you can above the line.
An above-the-line deduction (e.g., alimony you paid, business expenses, stock losses up to $3,000, deductible IRA contributions) reduces your gross income, and therefore your adjusted gross income (AGI).
Since eligibility for most “below-the-line” deductions â€“ which you take only if you itemize — is tied to AGI limits, lowering your AGI will increase your chances of being eligible for other tax breaks.
Here again, there’s not much that my family can do, but check out the article if you want some tips on how to take advantage of this.
Indulge your inner procrastinator if you must.
Sure, there are three months until April 15, but if that’s just too tight a timeframe for you, this year you’re allowed to apply for a free, automatic 6-month filing extension, no questions asked.
Sound too good to be true? It is. The extension is only for filing, not for paying. So just file your taxes already. You’ve got plenty of time between now and April 15th.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)