Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
We recently bought new term life insurance policies from Lincoln Financial. Other than upping our coverage, one of the biggest differences on our end is that Lincoln Financial doesn’t allow for automatic credit card payments — rather, we need to send in a check each year. While this is somewhat of an inconvenience, it might actually be a good thing in view of our difficulties with cancelling our John Hancock term life insurance policies. The problem that this presents, however, is that infrequent payments can be difficult to keep track of, and letting our life insurance coverage lapse could be disastrous for the family. So what’s a guy to do?
Aside from writing it on my calendar and hoping that I notice it again before the bill comes due, it struck me that one of the many e-mail reminder services out there might be just what the doctor ordered. Go ahead and run a quick Google search for ‘email reminders‘ and you’ll see that there are a ton of free services out there. Simply pick one, create an account, and set up your reminder. Shortly before that bill comes due, you should receive an e-mail reminding you to pay it. As my three year old says, “easy peasy, lemon squeezy.”
The only problem with ‘set it and forget it’ solutions like this is that you, well, tend to forget it. Thus, it’s important that the service you choose is a good one, and won’t be out of business by the time you need your reminder. This where where you guys come in… I’ve never used one of these services before, so I’m not sure who the major players are. Anyone have any experience in this area? Any suggestions?
Oh, and here’s another idea… Get your reminders via RSS.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)