Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
Wow, how quickly we forget… After a month of “low” gas prices (which is to say high, but not as high as they’ve been) Americans have seemingly forgotten their newfound love for cars with good gas mileage and reverted to buying gas guzzling beasts. That’s right, sales of Chevy Tahoes and Suburbans as well as Cadillac Escalades went up 2-3X in October as compared to a year ago. Similarly, Ford Expedition and Lincoln Navigator sales jumped 40%, and Jeep sales went up 29%. On the downside, sales of the economical Chevy Aveo and Cobalt fell 30-40%, and the Toyota Prius dropped nearly 9%. Do we deserve high gas prices, or what?
It’s important to keep in mind that these are year-over-year numbers, so the effect of the new model year and/or seasonality should be (mostly) neutralized. To be fair, it appears that car sales were up in general during October, but it certainly seems like a disproportionate amount of that growth went on in the mega-car categories. The only silver lining in all of this is that Hummer sales were flat.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)