Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
After having moved a year ago, we finally got around to closing our old checking account (we had long since drawn the balance down to zero) and updating some of the links to our online savings accounts. In case you’re wondering how to link additional accounts to your Emigrant Direct savings account, wonder no more… I have the answer for you right here.
First, login to your account. Then click on the “Funding” tab and click the “Add Funding Account” button. Once you’ve entered the particulars of your account, click continue. After that, you’ll be instructed to write your Emigrant Direct account number on the memo line of a voided check and mail it to:
Attn: Account Fulfillment
13 Croton Ave.
Ossining, NY 10562
After they receive your check, they’ll make two small deposits in your newly linked account (just like when you set up your initial funding source). Once you’ve confirmed the amounts, you’re good to go. Given that you have to submit a check, I’m guessing you won’t be able to get away with linking a savings account. That’s not really a problem for me, though, because I established links between ING Direct, HSBC Direct, and Emigrant Direct back in the day before they tightened up the linking procedures.
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (292)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)