Bank Deal: Earn 1.00% APY on an FDIC-insured savings account at Barclays.
Interested in filing a lawsuit against Wal-Mart? Then check out the Wal-Mart Litigation Project, which comes complete with a list of cases in which people have sued Wal-Mart and won. The list appears to be a bit out of date, and it seems far too short to be comprehensive, but it’s still interesting to look at.
One thing that I learned from persuing the list of verdicts is that Wal-Mart seems to be a haven for the uncoordinated. Sure enough, read through it and you’ll see that a great many of the litigants simply have trouble staying upright. One of my favorite cases is that of the Oklahoma man who injured his “sphincter muscle nerve” when the climbing equipment he purchased at Wal-Mart gave way, causing him to fall out of a tree. He was awarded $213k, and his wife took in an additional $34k for “loss of consortium” (see definition #3).
The site also contains a variety of other interesting tidbits, including the fact that Wal-Mart is sued, for one reason or another, two to five times per business day in federal court alone. Another thing that you’ll learn is that Wal-Mart is very reluctant to settle out-of-court. I would be, too, if I got sued as much as they do. Finally, according to the site, juries seem reluctant to award large judgments to people suing Wal-Mart, and many attorneys are apparently reluctant to file suit against them. Fortunately for you, the site also has a searchable database of “Lawyers Who Sue Wal-Mart.” So what are you waiting for?
- How to Become a Millionaire
- How to Get Out of Debt
- The Best Dollars I've Ever Spent
- How Our Estate Plan is Structured
- How We Paid Our Mortgage In Less than 10 Years
- Money Making Ideas
- How to Manage Your Asset Allocation with Multiple Accounts
- Consumption Smoothing - Save While the Saving's Good
- How to Save on Groceries
- How Much Life Insurance Do You Need?
- Eleven Great Books About Money
- Dave Ramsey is Bad at Math (693)
- Dish Network Customer Service SUCKS (537)
- $8,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (429)
- Pay Off Mortgage Early or Invest? (424)
- How to Claim the First-Time Homebuyer Tax Credit (352)
- Termite Control: Sentricon vs. Termidor (330)
- How Much Should You Pay a Babysitter? (291)
- Ethanol Blended Gas = Lower Mileage? (273)
- Reduced Credit Limits? Share Your Experience (256)
- $15,000 Homebuyer Tax Credit (242)
- Buying Furniture off the Back of a Truck (237)
- Will Mac OS X Lion Kill Quicken 2007? (191)